Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What I Read Wednesday


This week we're reviewing the book Another Piece of my Heart by Jane Green. While she's not my favorite author, I always pick up her new books because they're consistently good. This particular one was about a family, told primarily from the step-mother's point of view. It chronicles the hard times she and one of her step-daughters go through. This roller coaster relationship puts a strain on her marriage and causes her to consider leaving. 

I read the whole thing quickly and enjoyed it. It was one of those books that my mom and I like to refer to as "fluff". Meaning it's an enjoyable book but it's a little corny and a fast read. Sometimes you're just craving a good "fluff" book though! I started reading Gone With The Wind not that long ago and it was nice to take a break for a few days and have an easy read. All in all, if you like Jane Green you'll be happy with this book. If you've never read one of her books, I would definitely suggest her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment