Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What I Read Wednesday


Hi! I (Michele) want to tell you about one of my favorite books, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I discovered this book in Springfield, MO on an aisle of staff favorites in a bookstore. It was described as a cross between The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter (a grown-up Harry Potter). It's about a traveling writer called The Chronicler who comes to an inn. He recognized the owner of the inn, Kote, as the most famous magician of his day. He, Kote, then begins to tell his story of an orphan boy who becomes a legend. 

This is the first book in a trilogy. I read this book during the weeks I was sitting in the hospital while my father was fighting cancer. This book became my escape to another place. Before my father passed away I talked him into reading it too. It was the last book he read. Although he didn't like it as much as I did, he read it all because I loved it. Thanks dad :)



No comments:

Post a Comment