Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What I Read Wednesday


Last night I finished the book Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. Ever since her first book, Something Borrowed I have been hooked! Where We Belong is told from the point of view of Kirby, an 18 year old girl from St. Louis and Marian a 36 year old woman who works in television and lives in New York City. Marian had Kirby when she was 18 years old and never told anyone except her mother. The father of the child didn't even know. She decided to give her up for adoption through a closed adoption. Her name wouldn't be revealed to her biological daughter until she turned 18. Kirby shows up on her doorstep one day out of the blue and the rest of the book chronicles them getting to know each other.

I really enjoyed the book! It's always interesting to me when the story is told from different points of view. Emily Giffin has written several books and they are always good. I would have to say my favorite of hers are still the first two she wrote, Something Borrowed and Something Blue. 



No comments:

Post a Comment