Thursday, August 23, 2012

What I Read Wednesday


Over the weekend I wasn't feeling well, so of course I did a lot of reading. One of the books I read was Signs of Life by Natalie Taylor. This is a true story written by a young woman who lost her husband after only one year of marriage. Natalie was only 24 years old and pregnant when she got the call that her husband was in a skating accident and suffered from a brain injury. The book is inspired by her journal entries during the time after his death.

The book felt very real, not sugar-coated or glossed over at all. She was brutally honest about all of her struggles with her in-laws, pregnancy, etc. It really is an amazing story of survival! I enjoyed this book very much.



2 comments:

  1. wow, sounds like a moving book. hope you're feeling better, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete