Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I Read Wednesday


While I (Michele) am not doing a book review this week, I am going to talk about books. Our local library is having an adult reading program this summer. We have never participated in one of these, so I am excited! It's called "Reading Is So Delicious". This program will go on for eight weeks. Each week you will pick a task that the library has listed, and complete it. Everything is related to food. For example, one of the tasks is called "Food for the Heart." For this task you are to read a romance book such as Pioneer Woman: From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. I'm looking forward to reading this one! Another task is entitled the "Culinary Crime." For this one, you are to read a cooking mystery. I plan on reading Double Shot by Diane Moat Davidson. I've never read a food mystery before, so this will be a first. Two other tasks I'm looking forward to have nothing to do with reading. One is entitled "Food for the Body". You have to go to a restaurant and try something new to eat. The second is "Food for the Soul" which asks you to complete a random act of kindness such as treating someone to lunch or baking and delivering a goodie to someone. Sounds like fun! I'm especially looking forward to reading books that are genres different from my usual.







No comments:

Post a Comment