Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I Read Wednesday


I just re-read the book The Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer for probably the 20th time! It is one of my all-time favorite books. When I was a senior in college I just happened to run across it at the library and thought the cover looked neat, so I picked it up. 

The Dive From Clausen's Pier is told from the view point of Carrie, a girl in her early 20's who has been dating the same guy since she was a Freshman in high school. On Memorial Day weekend her and her friends and boyfriend Mike go out to the lake to cookout. Mike decides to dive off the pier into the lake and hits his head which causes him to be a quadriplegic. Carrie had been considering breaking up with Mike before the accident but afterwards is filled with lots of questions and worries and isn't sure what to do.

I'm sure my short summary of it doesn't do it justice. It's a fantastic book. I'm not exactly sure why but something about this story resonated with me. I've never experienced this exact situation but we all know what it's like to feel a relationship slowly disintegrate. The way the author describes it made it feel like she knew exactly what I was thinking. Please pick it up and read it!




2 comments:

  1. How much fun is "What I read Wednesday" Your picture is gorgeous. It seems like a book worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you get a chance to read it, and like it :)

      Delete