Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What I Read Wednesday


This week's review is on Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. She is the author of the super popular book, Gone Girl. Sharp Objects is her first novel. 

Most of you have read Gone Girl and know that while it was an excellent book, it was also very creepy. Multiply that level of creepiness by ten and you've got Sharp Objects. The main character is Camille who is a journalist for a Chicago newspaper. She is told to go to her hometown in Missouri to cover a story about a couple young girls getting murdered. Camille has never gotten along well with her mother, so she is hesitant about heading home. After meeting Camille's mother and the rest of her family, I can definitely tell why! Creepiest fictional family ever. Especially her mother and half-sister. While covering the story, Camille also starts to investigate the crimes. That's where I'll end my summary!

I really did not enjoy this book. Actually I've had it for probably about 6 months. I tried to read it once and couldn't. Over the weekend I was desperate for a book and picked it up again. My biggest problem was her family. I just couldn't get over the weirdness. Anyways, don't waste your money. Pick up Gone Girl instead!



No comments:

Post a Comment