Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Read Wednesday


I was so excited when I got this book for Christmas. I have been wanting to read J.K. Rowling's new book for adults for quite a while. The Harry Potter series are such wonderful books that I just knew I'd love this one too. 

At first I was a little disappointed with this story. It's basically about a man who passes away suddenly who is on a local council for a small town and how it affects different people in the town. So the story is told from several different points of view, there is no main character. After I got into the book a little more though, I liked it more and more. I did feel like though it was essentially about nothing, but her writing is still great and her cast of characters were diverse and fun.

Although it's not one of my favorite books, it was a good one that I wanted to finish and see how she was going to tie everything together. I think I picked up the book with such high expectations of it being about some big, great thing that when it wasn't, I was a little disappointed. But I would definitely recommend it to someone.






2 comments:

  1. I was not a Potter reader - is this worth it, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I'm not sure. I probably wouldn't suggest buying it, but check it out at the library instead. Does that help? :)

      Delete