Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What I Read Wednesday


I just finished the book Heft by Liz Moore over the weekend. After seeing it on several best books of 2012 lists, I decided to check it out at the library.

Heft tells the story from two different perspectives: an obese, recluse man and an 18 year old popular high school boy. I know it sounds as if they have nothing in common, but there's a common thread that links them together. That thread is a woman named Charlene Turner, who is a former student's of the recluse, Arthur and the mother of Kel, the high school student. The story culminates at the end when the two men are brought together.

I read this book very quickly and it definitely held my attention, but I wouldn't say it would go on any of my favorite books list. But if you decide to read it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment