Friday, June 6, 2014

Meal planning

I've found a new system for meal planning and I'm so excited about it! I really think it's going to save me time and brain power. I came across these awesome meal plan sheets on Money Saving Mom . I then sat down with my cookbooks and picked out my favorite meals, plugged them into the meal plans and created a shopping list for the week to the right. My mom laminated them for me so they would keep better. Now every week I'll just rotate from sheet to sheet. I'll take a look at the shopping list on the right, double check with what I already have at home and then go grocery shopping.






I've shared one of my favorite meals below: Chicken Parmesan. It's super easy and tasty! I make it a lot for Sunday dinner.

Chicken Parmesan

·                  4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
·                  1 egg
·                  1/2 cup milk
·                  seasoned bread crumbs
·                  2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
·                  8 slices mozzarella cheese, or more
·                  1 jar <16 oz> spaghetti sauce
·                  Parmesan cheese

Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish.
Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti, garlic bread and a nice green salad.

3 comments:

  1. This recipe looks great! Way to go with planning, I'm awful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!

    www.iamkhatu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete