Monday, March 31, 2014

Meal planning

Getting organized as much as possible on Sunday evenings sets my tone for the whole week. Does anybody else agree? If I don't plan ahead for the week, it tends to be a rough one. Sundays I like to pick up the house, set out Riley's clothes for daycare, plan my menu, shower, pack my lunch etc.

Below is our menu for last week. As you can tell, I rely heavily on my crockpot!

Monday:

                      Parmesan Honey Roast (I tossed in potatoes and carrots. Add applesauce on the side and                          you've got a whole meal there!)

Tuesday:        Leftovers
                     Rhodes rolls

Wednesday:

                     Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
                    Chips & Salsa ( my family makes the best salsa. I shared the recipe below):

Salsa:
2 cans of Rotel
1 bunch of Cilantro
Juice of one lime
1 tsp of garlic
1/3 of an onion
Salt and pepper to taste

Dump first four ingredients in blender. Blend, then chop a medium onion into thirds. Put 1/3 of the onion into the blender and pulse 3 times. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Trust me, best salsa ever!

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Pizza night!!!


Both recipes are from Pinterest and they were amazing! I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment